Uh Oh, oooNoooo! SAE Pre might have taken a hit!

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Yesterday morning the power went off, my SAE P102 won't come out of standby, it flashes the meter salute then goes back dormant.

Everything is plugged into high quality surge protectors, nothing else was hurt. The SAE P102 is a 'computer direct line' series unit, all switches are fed to the computer (ancient 80's tech) for the shortest signal path to the outputs. I unplugged it and will wait till later today to see if it has reset itself.

It could just be damage to the power/standby switch, think good thoughts brothers and sisters. Anyone ever work on one of these?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Craig, I called Steohen, he's got a Threshold pre he'll let you use till I get your THOEBE done. Your 1001 is ready too....or did you pick it up already?????

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Craig, I called Steohen, he's got a Threshold pre he'll let you use till I get your THOEBE done. Your 1001 is ready too....or did you pick it up already?????
Hey lee, I have a Yammie CX-600 RS pre amp for a backup, so I'm not tune less :shaking:, I love my SAE P102, it's not comming out of standby after a rest. It weighs about 25lbs, I've never opened it up...but I imagine it's quite a masterpiece of audio inside! metal film behind the switches to the computer.

i talked to Stephen and while I would like say he's beyond a wonderful friend....who offers a Threshold preamp?? Dayum!!!

maybe it's time for the Thobe preamp to be in my life!! Love ya Lee and Jani!!!!!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Love ya too Bud!! Take Stephen up on his offer...gonna be awhile before your pre is done. Work just ain't cooperating..,.

Got in at 5 today after leaving the house at 6...sat down in my lounger and woke up at 10:00 PM.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yeah, and had left my phone upstairs, had 12 calls I had to catch up on...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
That might 'splain it.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Did ya have that 'Where the F am I feeling'?? Damn I hate that!
The "heart jumping out of your chest and beating on the floor" feeling is the one I'm most familiar with.

I wonder if there are any relays that could be stuck.

My sister's house has funky wiring- she's had telephones explode from the wall during lightning storms, lost a few televisions as well.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I've fallen over asleep in oilfield trucks in the middle of nowhere and left the truck running. Wake up out of a dead sleep look out the window and mash on the brakes thinking the damn thing is moving.....that'll wake you up...

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
The "heart jumping out of your chest and beating on the floor" feeling is the one I'm most familiar with.

I wonder if there are any relays that could be stuck.

My sister's house has funky wiring- she's had telephones explode from the wall during lightning storms, lost a few televisions as well.
:shaking2:

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
I've fallen over asleep in oilfield trucks in the middle of nowhere and left the truck running. Wake up out of a dead sleep look out the window and mash on the brakes thinking the damn thing is moving.....that'll wake you up...
Bwahahaha....surprised you didn't shit 'em.