Tuners

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I listen every once and awhile. I found while the PL was gone I missed mine. I have a big Terk powered antenna. So this morning I am listening to mine. House of Hair. I do like this show. I have a Carver, Creek and an old Scott tuners. I have to get a splitter for my antenna. I do live in Hicksburg. LOL

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
AHEM.................as far as music goes..............this is hicksburg.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I don't listen to FM much, the tuner in the Pilot console gets the most use, mostly classical on Sunday mornings. Because it's tubed, it has that 'magic'! The one in the Marantz pales in comparison :oops: , but is no slouch!

I had the SAE T101 (it got stolen :evil: ) it was brilliant, with very handy signal/multipath meters and a great blend curcuity, pulled hard to get stations like a train

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
The Scott is a great tuner. The Carver is very good also it has all trick circuitry. I don't much care for the Creek. The Scott fell and broke the glass. They are pretty sought after for a tuner.

Larry

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
speakerman1 said:
The Scott is a great tuner. The Carver is very good also it has all trick circuitry. I don't much care for the Creek. The Scott fell and broke the glass. They are pretty sought after for a tuner.

Larry
Is it an older Scott? Which model?

I forgot pics of the SAE, it had great output signal meters so you could match levels to record on cassette

Attachments

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I listen to FM rock stations, alot, while driving around town. At home, I listen to FM, but I don't have to bother with an antennae, because all the stations are available in analog through my cable provider. Stuwee, I have an SAE T101 which was given to me partially disassemled. There was a hand drawing of a wiring diagram, obviously, from the previous owner of the tuner. I connected the odd wire to a few terminals, but wasn't successful in getting it to work.

Nando.

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I listen to a lot of FM music,, got KQRS going in the morning they've got a hell of a morning show but the music is so-so,,,as soon as i Get in the Whale pointed toward home its, Classical FM,,all day Saturday also,,,Sunday am it,s Cities 97 for Accoustic Sunrise,,,,Main Unit was A Sansui AU 717 which now resides in the Bedroom as my Macintosh MR 74 is currently in use

Attachments