Too much equiptment not enough usage

eminence1963

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
I guess that happens to all collectors, but in my case, I try to play at least a C-60 side on each of my recorders at least every other week. Inactivity is the worse enemy of these relics. I don't listen to them all, but I just put in a tape and press play. Leave it there until it ends and that's it. Mission accomplished. If I leave my ZX 9 inactive for more than 2 weeks, it'll start misbehaving with noises, speed problems,etc. Use it all the time, and she's juts a darling. Go figure!
Have you done anything to the C1, since you have owned it?
I have to concur with Lee on this one

Tagline
---
I have to concur with Lee on this one[/QUOTE]

Oh!, the Carver? NOTHING, but I have heard that with some mods it could elevate it to new standards. Well, I'm not so much into mods, but perhaps it's just a matter of taste. This unit has been in my possession for over 20 years now and has been extremely reliable. I mainly use it as an interface between my decks and the home theater Emotiva's preamplifier. I also have the C 4000 and the Pioneer Spec 1.

Regards!

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I picked up another Carver C1 this past week from a local buddy in trade for a set of speakers. Not sure what I will do with it now that I have the Perreaux which is in a class all it's own. With the BillD mode, these do become World Class preamps even by todays standards. Maybe I will let Jer do the BillD mods at some point, I still have to send him my Audio Source EQ to play with

eminence1963

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
I have to concur with Lee on this one
Oh!, the Carver? NOTHING, but I have heard that with some mods it could elevate it to new standards. Well, I'm not so much into mods, but perhaps it's just a matter of taste. This unit has been in my possession for over 20 years now and has been extremely reliable. I mainly use it as an interface between my decks and the home theater Emotiva's preamplifier. I also have the C 4000 and the Pioneer Spec 1.

Regards![/QUOTE]

Just a FYI... I also have done nothing to mine either and I have owned it since they first came out:toothy5::toothy5:

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
And that Pioneer is home now!

MVC-041S.JPG MVC-044S.JPG