Tonearm Skipping

braxus

Journeyman
I was playing a few records last night with my new cartridge and during playback, the needle litterally skipped into the next few grooves at few points. Did this on more then one record. I tried the antiskating set to 2, but didn't seem to help. What would cause the needle to skate across the record? Someone asked about the condition of the cart, but mine is brand new. Any ideas? When I set the antiskate higher, the tonearm does drop at an angle, so it seems to be working.

Nick Danger

Veteran and General Yakker
With what brand of turntable/ tonearm are you having this issue? Are you adjusting the anti- skate or the vta?

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
If your sure the vta, anti-skake and overhang are correct, maybe just increase tracking force?
Also could be low frequency feedback and you might need more anti vibration or move the table further from the speakers.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Great folks over at SH forums, I hope you get this prob figured out, I don't know much about your arm/table/cart. I can dial in anything on my SME arm, I can say that it looks daunting at first but, if you just step back and look at it it makes sense...does that make sense? Linn has been around for decades for good reason, take your time Scott....or...just get a Thorens/SME and never look back, Hehehe!! Love ya bro!!!

braxus

Journeyman
Apparently even Dynavector says to set the antiskating to a high number for this cart. Funny I never saw any mention of this until I had the problem myself.