To All of You With vintage Hi-Fi Stuff

frankmarsi

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
To all you lovers and curators of the classic Phase Linear craziness.
You are not totally out of any loop in the world of music and the equipment that reproduces it.
Vintage equipment has a purpose and a meaning, is it 'grass-roots' more than just a hobby?
Does it have a stronger reason for being? Can it allow a closeness to what was something that was made many years ago that can enlighten even folks who may have moved too far on into the 'new' and now?
Do yourself a favor, believe and trust that what you're doing with vintage equipment is actually a good-thing that should and must be passed on for all of the right reasons.
To drive this point home, read "Art Dudley's" article " The Virtues of Vintage" in October's issue of Stereophile magazine for a booster shot.
FM

Last edited:

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
People pass on a lot of stuff for future generations. Really good vintage stereo equipment will always find a lover. Personally, I'd like to thank every person out there that did not landfill their PL equipment, it's why we are here

Good post Frank

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Out of "The Loop"? Whatever gave you that idea? I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what you are talking about. I must be dense.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I still regret having to give up my Hoffman StereoFi...