Tip 'o the hat and a huge thanks to Overmodulated!

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
The Denon 301 arrived safe and sound yesterday and is everything advertised. John has been absolutely wonderful to spend time communicating with me about it and I can't say enough good about working with him on this transaction. I will also say that while he's already hinted that some more of his collection of gear may be coming up for sale soon, he has some interesting stuff. I'd have acquired his second Puffin phone preamp if it's digital output could have talked to the inputs on my Tascam converter. The Puffin is a very cool preamp with some extra capabilities similar to, if not as powerful as, those of the Sugar Cube vinyl declicker. For someone like me with a near pristine collection of vinyl, it may have been all I needed. Alas, optical out does not talk to 3-pin AES/EBU in. If anyone is interested, PM him and make my loss your gain (see what I just did there...), knowing you're dealing with a class act.

Thanks again,

Bob

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Yup. But for anyone who has an optical in on their DAC, the Puffin is a very useful - and from what I've read and heard about it - a very good sounding phono preamp. Some out of the box thinking going on there.