There's a Lawyer Who's Sure All That Glitters is Gold...

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Lets call a spade a spade please! This quote says it all...
"said any similarities were because the two songs both relied on “basic musical devices that are completely commonplace†and found in songs dating back centuries."

Jimmy is a blues guitarist, his riffs may or may not have been copies of other great blues masters. While "Stairway" has been played to death over the decades, just give the man's estate some money Jimmy, you have more than enough...I LOVE YOU SIR! You didn't copy anything in my eyes or ears, You ROCK! Always have and always will...

Lucky enough to have seen Zep live in 1977 in St. Louis MO, wicked fucking concert :hello1::la::hello1:

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
And a federal judge in Wyoming struck down the Department of the Interior's new fracking regulations, sayin the dOI and BLM had NO AUTHORITY to write such regulations. Fracking has been regulated by the states for the last 100 years, and NOT ONE INSTANCE OF GROUNDWATER CONTAMINATION HAS RESULTED from fracking. And anyone saying otherwise has no fucking idea what they are talking about. We're talking about hundreds of thousands of wells being fracked over that time period. There is just way to much rock between the oil formations and the water formations. When fracking, the casing is kept isolated from pressure pumping operations by use of a packer and tubing. The casing annulus is monitored constantly during pumping operations for any packer or tubing malfunctions. And ever if the packer or tubing give up, the excess pressure is vented and the annulus kept under destructive pressures....After fracking the well is flowed or put on pump. The percentage of a well's lifespan that it sees pressure pumping is minscule, and well monitored when it's going on. The new federal rules would have duplicated stae law and added another layer of hoops to jump through , which, was the true intention anyway....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I knew Randy California as " Kaptain Kopter and his Fabulous Twirlybirds".....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
[h=1]Every Good Boy Deserves Favour (album)[/h] From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[TABLE="class: infobox vevent haudio, width: 22"]
[TR]
[TH="class: summary album, bgcolor: lightsteelblue, colspan: 2, align: center"]Every Good Boy Deserves Favour[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: center"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: description, bgcolor: lightsteelblue, colspan: 2, align: center"]Studio album by The Moody Blues[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Released[/TH]
[TD="class: published"]23 July 1971[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Recorded[/TH]
[TD]November 1970 – March 1971 at Wessex Sound Studios, London[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Genre[/TH]
[TD="class: category"]Progressive rock[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Length[/TH]
[TD]40:05[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Label[/TH]
[TD]Threshold Records[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Producer[/TH]
[TD]Tony Clarke[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: description, bgcolor: lightsteelblue, colspan: 2, align: center"]The Moody Blues chronology[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: center"] [TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]A Question of Balance
(1970)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Every Good Boy Deserves Favour
(1971)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Seventh Sojourn
(1972)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="colspan: 3, align: center"]Singles from Every Good Boy Deserves Favour[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 3"]
  1. "The Story in Your Eyes"
    Released: August 1971
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: wikitable infobox, width: 24"]
[TR]
[TH="colspan: 2"]Professional ratings[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="colspan: 2, align: center"]Review scores[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Source[/TH]
[TH]Rating[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Allmusic[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]
[SUP][1][/SUP][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Rolling Stone[/TD]
[TD="align: center"](average)[SUP][2][/SUP][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Uncut[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]
[SUP][3][/SUP][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Every Good Boy Deserves Favour is the seventh album by The Moody Blues, released in 1971.
This album featured the only track to be written by all five members of the band. The opening "Procession" was a piece that was intended to describe the history of music from the beginning of time until the album's recording. The only three words heard in this track – "desolation," "creation," and "communication" – were similarly used (along with many other "-ation" words) in "One More Time to Live."
The album reached #1 on the British album charts, in addition to a three-week stay at #2 in the United States, and produced one top-40 single, "The Story in Your Eyes." The track "Emily's Song" was written by John Lodge for his newborn daughter. Mike Pinder wrote and sang the album's concluding track "My Song".
The title is taken from the student mnemonic for the lines of the treble clef: E-G-B-D-F. These notes are heard played on piano during "Procession."
The album was the last to feature the Mellotron as the sole tape-driven instrument, as it would be utilized in conjunction with the Chamberlin (another device that uses recorded tape to generate sound) on the Moody Blues' next studio album, 1972's Seventh Sojourn. The album was mixed and released in both stereo and quadraphonic. In April 2007 the album was remastered into SACD format and repackaged with the two extra tracks.
In 2008 a remaster for standard audio CD was issued with the same bonus tracks.
The front cover has been imitated by the leader of the dark progressive band Current 93, David Tibet, for Halo, a live album released in 2004.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Lee
Did you see Randy California perform live? Your one of the few people that I can recall knew of
his band.
I saw them many times at the Coral in Topanga Canyon in Calif.. Along with Canned Heat, The Byrds, Noel Redding, The Holding Company,
Steven Stills, Spirit, from around 1967 thru the early 70's. I lived about 10 minutes from "The Coral".
There were quite a few clubs in the canyon back then. Topanga Canyon was Hippy/Beatnik land. Still is.
Damn! More stories please!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Lee
Did you see Randy California perform live? Your one of the few people that I can recall knew of
his band.
I saw them many times at the Coral in Topanga Canyon in Calif.. Along with Canned Heat, The Byrds, Noel Redding, The Holding Company,
Steven Stills, Spirit, from around 1967 thru the early 70's. I lived about 10 minutes from "The Coral".
There were quite a few clubs in the canyon back then. Topanga Canyon was Hippy/Beatnik land. Still is.

No I didn't Mike. I left Riverside the summer after my sophomore year. That would have Ibee in1972. I bought the album after moving to Wyoming. Terrible sounding recording...