The "signature required" conundrum...

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
So tomorrow, again, I have to work from home because some dude I got some gear off of da bay takes it upon themselves to send it Fedex, signature required. Grrr

I wish they'd ask me, but alas.. there is the conundrum.. the "damned if you do, damned if you dont". Some may get insulted ... but hey, if *I* ask, then usually in the reply I get that "remember the ad states we only ship to verified paypal addresses"... like I'm a hoodlum hiding in the hedges waiting to intercept the package from the Fedex truck.

And if I don't ask... I get to stay home and wait... :read:

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
I also have my work address as a verified address so in such cases I can have it delivered to my work, someone is alwys there to sign. You can have multiple address and chose the one you want to have something delivered to.

Jim

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
They usually leave a door tag for me. I sign the door tag and leave it on the door and the next day they take the door tag and deliver the package.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
You can have them leave it at a Fedex store. Pick it up when you want.
I think that's my best option. Used to be that before all these stores popped up, the only option would have been the local distribution center... located miles away and in the middle of the "city". Good tip! Will try that next time... :thumbright:

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
They usually leave a door tag for me. I sign the door tag and leave it on the door and the next day they take the door tag and deliver the package.
I found out after one of the neighbors left that ther kids had been taking my porched goodies, cost me a 12V PS and 2 L-pads plus an Altec 427-8A HF driver and I found the L-pads a couple months after they left, semi-muddy but savable.

I demanded and got a no-porching order from USPS, FedEx and UPS.

PS I got a second Pioneer TX-950 tuner today from UPS and they deliver my DBX 222 from Mark Lucitt Monday!

Last edited:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I found out after one of the neighbors left that ther kids had been taking my porched goodies, cost me a 12V PS and 2 L-pads plus an Altec 427-8A HF driver and I found the L-pads a couple months after they left, semi-muddy but savable.

I demanded and got a no-porching order from USPS, FedEx and UPS.

PS I got a second Pioneer TX-950 tuner today from UPS and they deliver my DBX 222 from Mark Lucitt Monday!
I don't have that issue as I have three retired gals in the same culdesac with my home. They keep a sharp eye out for any strangers, what gets dropped on my steps stays there till I bring it in. I once overlooked a small parcel for a few days, was still there though. :rabbit: