the audio gods have struck me down

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
I do not know if this is right place for this but here I with a bit of back-story. 1 month ago I desided to switch from windows 7 ultimate to linux mint 18.2 since w7 is do to lose all suport and updates as 1-14-2020 I do not like 8/8.1 or 10 so a freeware os was the only option. linux sound is not the best so I aded a eq program to to try to make better I leave home for a weak to camping with a friend the night before I my amp is working fine I set a backpack with 6 days of close and a laptop and charger maybe 10lbs on one speaker I leave next come home yesterday and deside to try the eq program and and dial in a nice sound any way I mes with the sliders on it and some thing on vlc player and have my dual 15 band eq ant its minimum to ajust later I start to play some and it is distorted so I start to back off on the ajustmint that I made and then I notised that only one channel was playing and then the realy triped and has yet to reset it self after more the 12 hours. What has happened and how can I sop and prevent it from happing again? :confused5::cry::angry3::sad1:

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
You put weight on a laptop?

Did you try the audio in/out jacks on the computer and use a mini stereo adapter (two lines in the plug, three is composite audio and video for portable DVD players) to male RCAs (female if you need to extend and I don't ever use a mini-male complete cord because it's cheaper to replace the parts than a whole cable).

10 pounds on a laptop sounds drastic. Don't do that. Even amplified external speakers are a better idea if you aren't carrying it around with you.

Your STEREO AMP/RECEIVER really does the most justice. The first time I used my old Pioneer SX-939 to listen to You Tube (way back when, it was ELO) I about had to change my shorts and I hollered for joy.

Are the speakers in the screen frame or on the keyboard half? What model do you have?

PS Same works to bring sound in, just in reverse.

Last edited:

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
You put weight on a laptop?

Did you try the audio in/out jacks on the computer and use a mini stereo adapter (two lines in the plug, three is composite audio and video for portable DVD players) to male RCAs (female if you need to extend and I don't ever use a mini-male complete cord because it's cheaper to replace the parts than a whole cable).

10 pounds on a laptop sounds drastic. Don't do that. Even amplified external speakers are a better idea if you aren't carrying it around with you.

Your STEREO AMP/RECEIVER really does the most justice. The first time I used my old Pioneer SX-939 to listen to You Tube (way back when, it was ELO) I about had to change my shorts and I hollered for joy.

Are the speakers in the screen frame or on the keyboard half? What model do you have?

PS Same works to bring sound in, just in reverse.
I am sorry for the confusion but the computer is not the problem here. the power amp is
the computer was in my backpack with a weeks worth of close I on my floor standing speaker. it might have tuged the wires a bit cause the spade terminal on the amp were verey close. my problem is yesterday I turned my setup on and it went in to protect I asume and now wen I turn my amp on the relay will not click even after sitting over night

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
what are the ods that I can slap fuses in and it will be ok and work I only have 9$ right now and need to go to the scrap yard soon that might be another 10$ or 15$ if I am lucky any way can you give me a list of thing to do besides checking the fuses I have not metered them yet and do not know wen I will get a chance to we work on cars all day long every day for people and it is rare that we have time to do our things cars trucks bike boats

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
ok I have one more question I had my mom look at the fuses and they say 250/ 5 or 6 she could not tell what is the difference between a 250/5 and a 250/6 I do not know if this helps or not but they are very short are the fast or slow blow and she also said they did not look blown wnat to meter them first if they meter good where do I go from here