Thanks to Douglas (Nick Danger) For Vintage Maxell Cassettes

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
A thank you goes out to our esteemed, Douglas, AKA Nick Danger, who is fervently selling a few items in his collection to bankroll something even better to add to his stereo rack.

Douglas is prompt, packages what he sells so it arrives in the same condition it was sent, and likes to throw in an extra as a surprise.

Here are some vintage Maxell XLII 90 sealed tapes and the bonus tape is the Maxell UR 60, which was a gift from Douglas. These are commonly sold in other venues for much more than Douglas wanted for them.

Thanks for the sale and I hope you get a Pioneer Elite M-90/91 amplifier to add to your system.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
John: Almost too nice to peel the wrapper off. I haven't recorded on any of this particular vintage of Maxell tapes, yet, but I am sure they will be excellent to record with.

Consider yourself lucky to have saved the URs by the carton since singles seem to be more prevalent for us Analog Adventurists.

Nando.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Braxus sold me some a couple or three years ago and they are the year or two just after that UR (1986). I used them when they were brand new and other than I was a traditionalist for the old shells I made many a really nice recording on them.

orange

Tagline
PS Doug, if you have 4-5 more to sell I'd love to talk.

Nick Danger

A thank you goes out to our esteemed, Douglas, AKA Nick Danger, who is fervently selling a few items in his collection to bankroll something even better to add to his stereo rack.

Douglas is prompt, packages what he sells so it arrives in the same condition it was sent, and likes to throw in an extra as a surprise.

Here are some vintage Maxell XLII 90 sealed tapes and the bonus tape is the Maxell UR 60, which was a gift from Douglas. These are commonly sold in other venues for much more than Douglas wanted for them.

Thanks for the sale and I hope you get a Pioneer Elite M-90/91 amplifier to add to your system.

Nando.
Appreciate the kind words, Nando. More tape for you= more mixes for the rest of us:happy7:!

PS Doug, if you have 4-5 more to sell I'd love to talk.
This version of UR's may be my favourite packaging out of all the cassetttes I have seen. I think I may have a few more and will PM you with the details later. Since TDK's have not shipped yet, I an pretty sure I can get a few more tapes in the box and save you some loot on shipping.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Daren: I might be unsealing one of the Maxell XLII 90s for my next recording this week. And what else would I record on it but 80's music.

John: Those are excellent examples of the way it used to be. I can see the members' PMs flying their way to you, now, looking to separate those fine-looking tapes from their residence on your hoard-shelf.

Nando.

orange

Tagline
Nick, I GOT the SA90s, and you added a D60 c.1984-5? You meant the Niles source switch, and I was talking about those 1986 Maxell XLIIs.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
John: Those are excellent examples of the way it used to be. I can see the members' PMs flying their way to you, now, looking to separate those fine-looking tapes from their residence on your hoard-shelf.

Nando.

I might sell some individual tapes of the green 90 minute since I have a bunch more of those loose. I dont think I am selling any of the 60 minutes or other tapes till I divest myself of more decks though.:rabbit:

Elite-ist

Staff member
I can vouch for that vintage of Maxell UR tape with blue and green cellophane wrapper (1988-1989). A good tape for a Type I.

Nando.

Nick Danger

Nick, I GOT the SA90s, and you added a D60 c.1984-5? You meant the Niles source switch, and I was talking about those 1986 Maxell XLIIs.
My bad, the source switch is what I've got packed for you. XLII's are all gone, my friend.