TEAC A-150 cassette Dolby?

Ric27

Journeyman
Tagline
Super Cool but don't know it.
I have a TEAC A-150 cassette deck with Dolby NR. No B or C just Dolby like on my JVC V-621 just Dolby NR. I the TAEC Dolby compatable with ether B or C Dolby on my other decks?

Ric:glasses2:

Miracle Mile

Veteran and General Yakker
TAEC...

I have a TEAC A-150 cassette deck with Dolby NR. No B or C just Dolby like on my JVC V-621 just Dolby NR. I the TAEC Dolby compatable with ether B or C Dolby on my other decks?

The TAEC Dolby isn't compatible with any other Dolby system.
However, the Dolby system of a TEAC is just Dolby-B and compatible with others of the same kind.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I had one of those, but it died long ago, and it was my first cassette deck. Kudos on keeping yours going!

Ric27

Journeyman
Tagline
Say Wht?

The TAEC Dolby isn't compatible with any other Dolby system.
However, the Dolby system of a TEAC is just Dolby-B and compatible with others of the same kind.
Miracle Mile, Can you run that by me one more time. From you post it is and it isn't at the same time. I am confused.

Ric27

Journeyman
Tagline
It fits the bill.

I had one of those, but it died long ago, and it was my first cassette deck. Kudos on keeping yours going!
I bought the A-150 primarily because of its dimensions and the brand quality. I have a set of Hi Fi shelves built into the wall by the original owner of my house. The dimensions are small so I had to find components to fit. The photo shows The Fisher 202 that is perfect and the A-150. There are also two Advent III's above. It sounds very nice. I had to have the A-150 serviced but The Fisher has worked perfectly sense I brought home from a garage sale down the block. Ric:glasses2:
hd hp 098.jpg

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
As long as she never asks how long you've been seeing this Verna Cular, everything is the coolest!

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
All old Dolby circuits were Dolby B type for consumer decks.
The A150 at Teac was a favorite deck to avoid. Very troublesome to repair so some how I got stuck as lesser Technicians avoided it. This model was not a long lasting unit and gave us plenty of trouble. I sure they can be fixed but the use of a much better unit is a better idea. That deck has nothing that is special- it is larger than the smaller V-1, V2, V4. V5RX units and does not work as well and for the same size the C-3RX could be obtained. The placement of the heads make it real difficult to clean and to get to the Pinch Roller. Don't pick on me for the bad news- I am just the messenger.