Tara Cables from Larry

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Hi all,

I got an exceedingly good deal from Larry on a pair of Tara Lab cables. These are the third pair I've received from Larry. My Ist pair are in use for my Sony X7ESD CDP, and my second pair are used on the output (play) from my new Pioneer Elite MJ-17D MiniDisc deck. This third pair will be used for the input (record) side of my Pioneer MD deck for recording. I now use my MD decks to record a Master before recording onto cassette or reel.

Larry surprised me with a gift enclosed with the cables: a very nice digital pocket scale for measuring the tonearm tracking weight on my turntables.

Thank you very much, Larry!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yeah, he did the same thing to me too Nando, always putting little surprises in there!!

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
The link Larry posted won't work for me.Anyone save the screenshot? Could it be posted so I could see, or could you PM it to me? Just wondered.....Thanks,,

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
COOL.... I got a set of scales just like that...... Never mesured tonearm tracking with them though !!! LMAO....

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
kevin said:
COOL.... I got a set of scales just like that...... Never mesured tonearm tracking with them though !!! LMAO....
To think that many years ago I used the tonearm to check weigh other things. lol

Jim

kevin

LOL...... Never thought of that..... I could have saved a bunch of money on scales...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
No, you would have lost due to the uncalibrateable nature of the arm. i for one would have been suspect of my dealer had I seen him weighing out my stuff on his turntable while playing Innagoddadavida.

laatsch55 said:
No, you would have lost due to the uncalibrateable nature of the arm. i for one would have been suspect of my dealer had I seen him weighing out my stuff on his turntable while playing Innagoddadavida.

Yup. better have been a Fisher or an Ohaus.... ;)

kevin

laatsch55 said:
Damn-it Lee ..... You could have heard a pin drop here in the show room when I read this...... I busted out laughing and everybody in her turned and looked at me !!!!! That was tough to explain....... LMAO....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Na, just some crazed oilpatcher in the middle of Wyoming doin his thang!! should have been easy to explain!!

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Besides, everybody knows you play Eric Clapton Slowhand when you want to use your tonearm for proper calibration of anything other than a cartridge. lol

Jim

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
LMOAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya vgot it in one Jim!! Paul--Ohaus-Triple Beams-----

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
My own thread spun out out of control. How is that possible? Stand-up comedians abound on this forum! That's why it's fun to be here.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Is that the best you could do?? shouldn't stay away so long Nando. Like i said this thread went way fast.