Tapes For Sale - 10" reels

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
This is a huge listing so just bear with me. It will cover several posts since I can only attach ten images per post. Most of these descriptions are for a US Audiomart listing if there's no interest here, so bear with its impersonal nature, please. I'm downsizing again for several reasons and step one is getting out of reel-to-reel recording. So I'm selling a number of metal take-up reels and these reels of tape as described below. Everything in this post is in excellent condition, purchased new by me. The tapes have been recorded on no more than twice (I converted from quarter-track to half-track a year or so ago) and contain a variety of mostly rock and Americana mixes (think 70s-era progressive rock radio with some reels of newer music). Would prefer selling batches by brand to cut down on trips to the Post Office but will consider lots of three. Reasonable offers for 10 reels or more will also be considered. See the attached images - which are almost in list order - for condition of reels. Buyer(s) pays shipping and Paypal fees.

Edit: items with lines through them have been sold. The 6 Quantegy 407 reels remain.

10” tapes - boxed in (mostly) generic Ampex/Quantegy boxes
5 ATR MDS-36 on generic Ampex/Quantegy/Scotch metal reels: $40 each
3 ATR MDS-36 on manufacturer metal reels (Teac R1003/Maxell/Scotch Precision): $50 each
6 Quantegy 407 on generic Ampex/Quantegy reels: $25 each
2 Capture 913 (1 mil thick) on generic Ampex/Scotch metal reels: $25 each
2 RMGI SM911 (1 mil thick) on generic Ampex metal reels: $25 each

IMG_2281.jpg IMG_2282.jpg IMG_2284.jpg

Last edited: