Sumo Diana LT Line and RT Line Non Polar Capacitor Suggestions Please

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Took the sumo down to clean the pots/switches and decided to go ahead and do a re cap while I was in. Ran into something I have not seen before. The four big caps in the center (blue rubycon) are 50V 47 uF non polar. C 104, C102, C 204 and C 202. I found some similar over at Mouser but I wanted to ask you guys first. What would you use ? I have a load of photos if this one does not do the trick. 20190730_001341.jpg

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Really, out of 25 views and who know how many members no one has an opinion about these capacitors ! Holy Jesus I guess I should have asked about wire.

NavLinear

I use Nichicon bi-polarized electrolytic capacitors for some applications. Mouser carries three Nichicon bi-polarized caps with the same voltage and capacitance value as the one you want to replace. Attached is a pdf of one of those caps. The spec says these are used for entertainment electronics. I don't know the mechanical characteristics of the ones you want to replace but thought this could be of help

Attachments

NavLinear

I see Mark posted well before me - I wrote this several hours ago and just completed it. Seems we're on the same page.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Where are they in the circuit schematic. That would guide any advice that I would give you.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Where are they in the circuit schematic. That would guide any advice that I would give you.
As far as I can tell they are in the signal path. I can find little to no information on the preamp. No schematic anywhere. I even (tried) to make contact with Jason Stoddard (Schiit Audio Company) . I have been told that he actually designed the pre amp when he was at Sumo. I do not know if a word of that is true.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I use Nichicon bi-polarized electrolytic capacitors for some applications. Mouser carries three Nichicon bi-polarized caps with the same voltage and capacitance value as the one you want to replace. Attached is a pdf of one of those caps. The spec says these are used for entertainment electronics. I don't know the mechanical of the ones you want to replace but thought this could be of help
Thanks, I did find the Nichion caps you listed at Mouser and they were my choice at the time. I wish I knew more about mechanical characteristics as I know that some capacitors are better suited than others in certain situations but that is about all I know.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Yep, I found those thru the above post Mark I think it was that listed them . I never saw those on Mousers site until he shot me the part number. Thanks to all.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
If they are in the signal path, I would be looking to find a film cap to replace a NP electrolytic.