Steely Dan

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
They came to Boise last year but I had no way to see them. I've never seen them.

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
I am looking forward to it, I haven't gone to a show since Joe Walsh

Just not that interested in seeing many people anymore

Jim

dingus

Journeyman
Tagline
crusty old fart
would love to catch them up here. i just finished listening to The Royal Scam, awesome talent with these guys.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
would love to catch them up here. i just finished listening to The Royal Scam, awesome talent with these guys.
If I was stuck on a desert island with a limited library of music I could choose, the "Dan" would be an absolute must!
The Scam is one of my all-time favorites and 'Kid Charlemagne' get's played LOUD and often...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I am looking forward to it, I haven't gone to a show since Joe Walsh

Just not that interested in seeing many people anymore

Jim
If you get a chance to ever see Bob Seeger, do it. Saw him in back to back concerts a couple of years back, he was great and had a great time.

premiumplus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Stuck in the 70's
I've seen Steely Dan twice, and both times they put on an awesome, 2-3 hour show. Fantastic musicians, and the sound was terrific. They have a guitarist who can play all the solos that all of the many guitar players did from the different years of "Dan". This guy is a fantastic player, as are all the musicians. Don't miss them.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I bet all you Steely Dan fans have their "Greatest Hits" double album circa 1978. The first time I heard the band was when my best friend's older brother, Bill, had their pre-recorded cassette playing on the stereo of his new Harley Davidson touring bike back in the 70's.

I never tire of hearing this band and I would love to see them in concert. And Bob Seeger would be a definite thrill. I missed his concert back in 1987, and as recently as last year.

Nando.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
I bet all you Steely Dan fans have their "Greatest Hits" double album circa 1978.
I own it. Definitely one of the best greatest hits collection ever assembled!
And the first time I heard a complete Dan album was when 'Aja' came out. My brother introduced me to these cats and I am eternally grateful. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
If you get a chance to ever see Bob Seeger, do it. Saw him in back to back concerts a couple of years back, he was great and had a great time.
I saw Bob Seeger several years ago, yes, he puts on one heck of a show. Gotta love the old Sax player up on top of the speaker cabinets.

Jim