Stanford and Google Team Up To Create Time Crystals With Quantum Computers

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Folks on campus are in conversations about adding quantum computing courses to our engineering/computer science school in conjunction with Oak Ridge National Labs as part of an effort to establish a huge quantum computing center here in lil' ol' Chattavegas. I'll be curious where it leads; we've never had the vision before to pull off something like this.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
It all sound like a lot of hype to me as they mention the use of a Quantum computer to analyze a time crystal not that it is used in any computer hardware. Some discoveries take many years and some never are actually executed or made to happen. We have Silicon IC that have near 4GHz speeds in them and the way they have made advancements is to make the die smaller and to parallel more lines at the same time and then tricks to make memory more accessible and faster. In the time it takes them to come up with the Pentium 15 using a time crystal there may be many more advancement making it a moot subject. Remember bubble memory was suppose to take over but where is it now? Let me know when they have a working computer model for the Star ship Enterprise and then we can look again.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
We have the means to go to Mars but it is not SpaceX or Nasa that will tell you about it. The Antigravitic craft perfected in 1954 will go to other places in record time. The real ET craft will do it in a flash. The US government craft do not have their propulsion system- Our craft is like a cheap K mart version of the real thing.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Jet packs are again a method to move around to negate gravity but the levitation that some technologies allow do not use jets that can run out of fuel. Jet packs are thinking from when the Jetson's were made and how long ago was that? They do have the device but it will not last you a lot of time and the cost is not going to be cheap. I think they run on Ammonia as a fuel although there can be other types. They had them in Lost In Space when in the mid 60's. They did exist but are not all that practical as they fly for like 20 minutes. If you have money to burn there are guys that do this still but like a harrier jet that has computers managing the thrust vectoring they might be hard to control which is why they do the tests over water.