Spike footers

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I'm new to this stuff, so I did the intelligent thing and bought 4 different types, to play around with on my various gear. Some pics of 3 of the 4...

35mm rosewood.jpg 35mm brass.jpg 38mm chrome.jpg

The rosewood's don't have pads, I'm thinking of having some made. This should be a blast! I was inspired by Stephen Evans many spiked footers :glasses1:

Tagline
---
I'm new to this stuff, so I did the intelligent thing and bought 4 different types, to play around with on my various gear. Some pics of 3 of the 4...

View attachment 27268 View attachment 27269 View attachment 27270

The rosewood's don't have pads, I'm thinking of having some made. This should be a blast! I was inspired by Stephen Evans many spiked footers :glasses1:
I used the middle style (satin nickel finish) for 1 of the TT bases that I made recently and like it, for the most part you really only see the base and bottom half of the spike. I used a satin nickel cone like the rosewood pictured for the other one and it has a smaller base plate which I didn't like as much because that part was the most visible.

stuwee

I'm not expecting to hear much using these. I really wanted to get something under the big SAE amp, So the middle ones are mainly for her. The rosewoods will probably go under something light like the phono preamp or the Little Dot tubed headphone amp. And yeah, I'd like some rosewood pads just for the look of them, the spikes I got are just lovely to look at :glasses1:

The Summits footers can be reversed into spikes, so no need there for now anyway...

gamve

Journeyman

Forum Veteran
Join DateJun 2010LocationDeep in the Sonoran Desert SWPosts7,595

I'm not expecting to hear much using these.

You might get a surprise Craig. Some times coupling like this works wonders

stuwee

Hello Graham :thumbright:, Like I said, I'm just new to this, the SAE is right next to the right speaker, dual powered woofs just inches away, maybe these thingies will tighten things up?!?

Always nice to hear from you my friend, I'm looking forward to hearing something new.

One thing that has bothered me is listening to Adele 'Live at the Royal Albert Hall'...since she had her surgery on her vocal cords, she has a knack for hitting certain notes/intonations that make the aerospace panels on the 'Logans vibrate in an unpleasant way, I'm hoping to see how to tame that...I loves me some good Adele!!

This recording is brutal :twisted: , I have a couple recordings that can stress the mighty Summits, Adele at very high concert volume :eek: