Sony MDS-JE500 goes on by itself?!

Well, I have a Sony MDS-JE500 with a bit of an interesting problem.
I started to notice this week that it would be on when I would get in the music room after I came home from school. First time I thought I just left it on, but I started to notice it even more.
Yesterday I made sure it was off, and you guessed it, it was on today. There's no weird infra-red light stuff going on in this room, because the MDS-S707 has the same coding (little bit of a problem with my RM-D7M remote).
As a matter of fact, when I came back from downstairs a while back, after the World Cup Australia-Netherlands game, it did it again! What can cause this erratic behavior?

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Try covering the eye on the infrared sensor on the MD deck and see if the problem continues.

Nando.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Well, I have a Sony MDS-JE500 with a bit of an interesting problem.
I started to notice this week that it would be on when I would get in the music room after I came home from school. First time I thought I just left it on, but I started to notice it even more.
Yesterday I made sure it was off, and you guessed it, it was on today. There's no weird infra-red light stuff going on in this room, because the MDS-S707 has the same coding (little bit of a problem with my RM-D7M remote).
As a matter of fact, when I came back from downstairs a while back, after the World Cup Australia-Netherlands game, it did it again! What can cause this erratic behavior?
It is clear the NSA is tracking you and turning it on when it knows you have returned home... :)

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
I never really leave a disc in the player, but I guess I should try that.
Also, I see where your coming from with that, jbeckva, I just found this. Apparently a very common issue.
Definitely... Over the last few years I have had or have 3 of the Sony's, and all 3 eventually developed the problem.

Had to look around a lil bit, but check this site out... Good info on how to fix it, if you're good with mechs and whatnot.. I did it on one of the 3.. lasted for awhile.

http://snnake11.tripod.com/

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
(And now I remember why I didn't do any more fixes... that site, while informative, is quite irritating making you click here.. then there.. then over here.. and ad nausem... :mrgreen:)

Miracle Mile

Veteran and General Yakker
NEWSFLASH!

Since last week several Gremlins were located within the area marked with the green circle on the map below:

Gremlins can cause serious problems to consumer electronics if they are in a bad mood......

:mrgreen:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
An American truck manufaturer used to install them as a matter of course at the factory. They supplied 90% of the HEAVY trucks required by the oilfield at the time ---"Autocar" was the brand under the parent company"White Motor Corp".

An Autocar was guaranteed to have wiring problems after the 2nd year. And this was 75 years after the automobile had been invented. You'd think wiring could have been an issue dealt with long before that.

So the general consensus was "Gremlins" as nothing else explained it, and installed at the factory, I guess they had some control over quality of said Gremlins that way....who knows....

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
If it turns on at the same time each day then it ate the audio timer.