Sony CDP-2700 anyone?

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
So, I’m thinking of grabbing one of these. It’s a “pro” deck, marketed to radio stations.

Internally same as the X55 ES though that does not have balanced connections.

Anyone have one here? Used one here? Want to talk me out of it?

I have one “good” player (transport) the Theta Data, with the Philips CD 9 Pro transport that everyone used at the time.

Justification: for the number of CDs I have, I should probably have a dozen players. Further, it’s gray, so it could sort of “go” with my silver Kenwood stuff. (Not bad eh?)

What say ye?

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Around $350 after tax fees and shipping.

seems in line but not a killer deal. Still thinking it over.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
A fair price. I will have to look up more info on it. My old Sony CDP-X7ESD plays burned CD-Rs without problem.

Nando.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Not a lot of info out there.

It does not have the copper plating internally like the ES, but otherwise the same with added digital and analogue connections.

I think it has the peak search of the ES, which is a nice feature as you probably know... I had that on my second CD plater, also a Sony with the optical digital out. ( first one was a Pioneer which held two discs but played one of them- sort of a “hot swap” system that was kinda cool)

Last edited:

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I say pass!! I just bought 2 Denons ...1920's sounded fantastic, then the dreaded laser failure hit and they don't weigh enough to be a door stop :mad:.

SO I'm hoping Jerry will chime in with a digital answer to transfering CDs into files to play, this is why I still love vinyl no hassles, just music!!

Attachments

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Yeah, being Sony and pro, laser parts are available.

I think if it was less expensive I’d grab it. Otherwise, I think I’ll pass.

I have the Theta transport, the Alesis and a Tascam twin-drive (one play; one record/play)

I think I’m good unless a screaming deal comes along.