Some Interesting Musical Conclusions !!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Ken Lorenzen, a former Phase Linear employee, and seller of the entire PL rack that Mike bought, has some interesting observations that you guitar players may be bable to help with. Here is an e-mail received from him.....

Hi Lee,</SPAN>
All musical notes when played with other musical notes simultaneously interfere with each other causing a distortion or warble in the sound. They when harmonized do not do it smoothly. For centuries people have been looking for the musical scale that doesn’t interfere including Pythagoras, Bach, etc. I have found the perfect music scale that doesn’t interfere and provides a smooth adding of all the frequencies to infinity. I don’t know what to do with this information now but here it is. Attached is a sound bite of several notes or frequencies combined and producing no distortion. These are using the 515.1 Hz starting frequency.</SPAN>
Ken L.</SPAN>

You may want to start with the volume low.</SPAN>

Sound with these frequencies:</SPAN>
36.2625</SPAN>
70.3989</SPAN>
136.67</SPAN>
265.328</SPAN>
515.1</SPAN>
1000</SPAN>
1941.37</SPAN>

I know how I would describe it, but let me know what you think.</SPAN>

So now for something completely different; The difference between PI = 3.141 (a circle) and PHI = 1.618 (the golden ratio) is .5151. This is the multiplier for the expanding spiral or wavelength, showing how much it expends each cycle or 360 degrees. So I took the note #5 of 515.1 Hz (lower C) and multiplied by .5151 to get the next note #4 etc. or on the revers / .5151 to get the next note #6. This seems more logical. Try these notes on your guitar and see if they do not interfere or distort as they say.
Ken L.

</SPAN>
He included a 30 second recording
</SPAN>of these frequencies all at the same time, and while not a pleasant sound it does not, on first listen exhibit distortion that I can detect with the ear...

I have e-mailed him back and asked if he had a you tube account to wqhre we could link the recording, if not I'll upload it and link to mine.

I have asked him to join in the fun here as I'm sure we'll have a few questions, hopefully he will...
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
How do I convert a zip file to one you-tube will take??
A zip is just the container packaging. What type of file is "inside" the zip?
Just extract it, to get at the audio clip (assuming it is in fact an audio clip...) and then upload it embedded.

Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
It's a .wav file...
You need to add the wave file to an avi (video) media file with some sort of static image. Boob Tube won't allow uploading a pure audio file. How long is the audio clip?

Actually, how big is that zip file?

If you email me that zip, we can create a media file for you - put it on a dropbox share so you can get at it - then you upload to the Boob on your side.

Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
That original wave file has clipping static by the way ...

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I love the background Tony...I'll have to download it to My Documents now..

BlazeES

Tagline
---
I've ready "declipped" the original. I think you'll end up wanting the cleaned version. The freq-content hasn't been changed, just the noise removed ...

BlazeES

Tagline
---