Some gear needs serious cleaning.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
I picked up a couple Crown amps last week from an original owner, smoking home. It is a lot of work to get them clean again. Here is the B4 and after of the two amps and a picture of the disassembly needed to get the smaller amp clean. Each piece of gear needs this cleaning which takes a good bit of time.

Attachments

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Great results with your cleaning process and you have to be happy getting those Crown amps from the original owner.

Nando.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
The whole system, minus the CD changer was offered when I responded to the post for the DQ-10s, DQ-1W and LP_1 crossover. For the extra, I was all for it. I bought a DC-300a in 1974, FTC stereo power rule implementation day, and can not remember what I did with it. Nice to have this pair. They are newer, 1980, but one nice thing is the handles.

I'll spend a lot of time cleaning but the tuner, 1993 Onkyo, crossover and preamp (Yamaha C-4) are all clean and ready to be hooked up and evaluated.

DQ-10s get very dirty because of the shelf on the back under the cage. These are horrible. But the grilles are off and cleaned. I have a good bit of work cleaning the speakers. Then they get a recap. Stacked Dahlquists, Crown PSA-2 power and a DC-300a on the sub. Hmmmm.