SOLD ! For sale Nakamichi BX-300 with new wireless remote

Hi guys, I am putting up for sale a cassette deck I bought recently, my Nakamichi BX-300. I purchased this from the original owner, it came with the original box, packaging and the original manual. It was supposed to be working, but the idler belt had turned to goo, and I had to replace it. After I cleaned off the goo on the pulleys and installed a new belt it worked perfect. I also purchased from the seller on eBay that has been making custom made remote controls for many cassette decks.

The only reason I'm selling it is I don't want to end up with too many cassette decks like I have turntables. This is a really nice deck, and has the typical Nakamichi house sound.

I am looking to get close to my money back and these prices are as low as I'm willing to go. These prices are not negotiable and I'm taking a loss now… $360 for the deck, and if you want the remote control which is wireless and brand new used twice, that would be $60. I have more than that into it, and I'll include an ESL labs idler belt, and that belt alone was $45.

This the gear drive idler, not the tire drive so it's a later model, and about as nice as you'll ever find and functioning perfect. I changed the belt, made several tapes, and took it out of my rotation. I have two decks hooked up now and I don't need any more. No static in the controls, all functions and lights/meters work properly, and just a pleasure to use.

The idler belt is From eBay and works perfect, I also have the rear belt, the larger one at the back of the transport, but the one that's in there looks fine. I will send the transport belt also, installing that was just above my skill set to mess with. But there are no cracks in the belt that is on there now, and it works perfectly.

PM me and I am from the East Coast of the US and shipping in the US only. Whatever the shipping is to your door that's what I'll charge, and it's in the original box, but I may put it inside of another box just to be safe.

I'm not set up to sell really, I've never sold anything, and I'm a buyer on eBay for the last 20 years. But I know how to package, and it will arrive in perfect condition.

I want to do PayPal, and if you're comfortable with paying the 3% we can do goods and services, or if you're comfortable friends and family up to you.

Let me know thanks,

John 2C3C01D0-D08A-4D6E-BA75-68283773BCD9.jpeg 96B246D8-86DB-4E63-9412-B78B0531A8AC.jpeg 0FCEBFE2-7AEA-45E3-9B05-5067152B9B29.png 91823908-679A-4D01-B63B-E50E02E6938F.jpeg 537F9EFE-41D8-4F9A-BF1F-75C7A457193E.jpeg 3D74DE78-520A-4842-9698-14CDF118558C.jpeg

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
John: That's an excellent deal for a member in the U.S.. I hope someone steps forward to buy it.

Nando.

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
If you don't end up selling it here, I would highly recommend that you if you do list it on say Audigon or U.S. Audio Mart ... that you increase your asking price.
But that's just me...

In that condition, the price you are asking is more in line for the lower tiered BX decks. ;)

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I agree- very fair (low even) price for a tested deck with original box and manual.

I have two restored Tascam decks, one restored and one not Kenwood decks, and a Nakamichi I’ve not put power to that has sticky VU meters supposedly. I’d buy it if I was in the market without hesitation.

Good luck with the sale!

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Thanks and I know it's a good deck so I figured I'd give someone a shot at it here. We'll see what happens.
No, I get it. Giving someone 'a shot' at a great deal is what this community is about.

It's just that comestically clean and operating well BX-300's can fetch a lot more than you're asking. A lot more :cool:

No, I get it. Giving someone 'a shot' at a great deal is what this community is about.

It's just that comestically clean and operating well BX-300's can fetch a lot more than you're asking. A lot more :cool:
I agree, and I belong to US audiomart and reverb... I just want somebody to have a good deck and have a good story to tell about it. Instead of the bad ones we hear many times, because it really is about all you'll ever need in a cassette deck, it's the later model with the gear idler, and it sounds wonderful. Anyway we will see!

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I have the wires remote for my Tascam decks. I also found using a serial cable wye, I can control them both with the one remote.

Make two copies of tape from the Alesis Masterlink in one go, because unlike CDs, it records real-time…