[SOLD] Dynaco Stereo 400

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Repoted to have distortion in one channel. I have not applied power while in my possesion. I did notice one output device has been replaced (Motorola) on the left channel- that's probably where the distortion is. Other devices appear to be original Fairchild devices. I have no idea if the distortion is due to the mis-matched component, or that was changed chasing a problem lying elsewhere.

Suggest a full gut-job to be honest (and safe!) with this thing. It ain't pretty inside. (but still stock as far as I can tell). Some minor repairs may have been done, because harnesses are labeled with masking tape and numbers- or, that's how the factory did it. Maybe that's just from when it was apart to do the output. Dunno.

Anyway, I'm asking $400, and local collection in West Hartford. It's pretty heavy, so if you REAAAAAALLY want me to ship it, we can discuss that of course.

Planned to restore this but I'm not going to get to it soon and there are far more competent techs on this site than I am to do it. I do have some support documentation for this amp (PDFs mainly). I need to offset the expense of my "new" turntable(s)- the one I'm making and the one I just bought...

Pictures (taken today):
IMG_4430.JPG IMG_4431.JPG IMG_4432.JPG IMG_4433.JPG IMG_4434.JPG IMG_4435.JPG IMG_4436.JPG

PS that top perforated steel has been "touched up" by the previous owner. For you guys, I'd be willing to remove, grit blast and re-paint it properly for you. Just ask.

I also may consider a tone arm as an exchange option to outright purchase... Or other interesting shiny things...