So I Got My PL 700, Now What?

Richard D

Journeyman
Tagline
---
This is the modified unit with no meters I was asking about. It's a heavy sucker! I was thinking I could hook up my iPhone and/or Sirius radio with a cable I have, with a mini headphone jack on one end and RCAs on the other. The amp has sockets that are bigger, I'm guessing they are the same size as large headphone jacks? Left and right, labeled "Normal Coupling" and "Direct Coupling" with a switch. I guess PL700 owners know what I mean. What can I do, I want to try this thing out, and I don't have a preamp(yet).

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Sounds like 1/4 inch phone plugs. Guitar plugs is what I call em. Shouldn't be hard to find an adapter fot that.

Have you even powered it up yet??

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Thanks FaboNav.... Richard. That has RCA jacks and 1/4 onch phone jacks. Take your RCA asdapter and plug them into the bottom set and flip the switch down...

Richard D

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Damn I'm stupid. They fit. Just gotta go get the 2 wheel dolly and carry this thing over there. Kidding. It's heavy but not that heavy. I'll let y'a'll know if it works.

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Several of us were really concerned about that bolt in the center of the transformer. Can you get some nude shots? Don't know if anyone can help from afar but it would be very interesting to see what the innards look like.

NavLinear

I can probably guess, makes you want to run from the room screaming??
Yes it does Lee. I reread the epay add and it stated that the Physical Condition of the 700 was VERY GOOD and the Working Condition was EXCELLENT. This guy is less than an hour from me in Burbank.

NavLinear

I think I got ripped off. Maybe someone can tell me how to fix this thing?
Please begin with some photos. The photos will provide a lot of information to those that are familiar with this amp. There is a lot of experience here with these amps - not me - but others so if you're patient and can help with providing good information help will be on it's way. It's a friendly lot here - you will need to learn to read between the lines sometimes but that's the fun part.

NavLinear

It might be worth a Franklin for you to go "Talk" to this guy...
Let's see what is wrong with the amp - ebay and PayPal have ways to deal with problems. That won't cost you a thing other than a write up and you could get your money back.

Tagline
---I like to Rock
Let's see what is wrong with the amp - ebay and PayPal have ways to deal with problems. That won't cost you a thing other than a write up and you could get your money back.
I agree Dennis. I just looked at the ad, and its way off from whats described. Looks like maybe a homemade front plate, added the cooling fans, and whats up with the bolt through the transformer? Not what I was thinking when I heard 700.