Skyfi Audio Tour with 25+ Different Turntables

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I see this place's ad on Craigslist all the time when I search "all of Craig's list". He gets some interesting stuff through his shop.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
He is in a very target rich environment. NYC and surrounds had some serious high end dealers back in the day and they unloaded a lot of stuff into the homes of those wanting a nice rig. I remember seeing the ads for these companies in the audio mags of the day. There is one dealer near me that probably caters to some of the newer clientele from that area since it is in DE and no sales tax so buy your $27,000 amp and matching preamp and rest of the rig and pick it up and drive the couple hours back to the NYC area.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Well just looked over the video and I don't see any tables that make me want to drop what I own and cough up a few hundreds of handfuls of hundreds but there were a couple that might be a nice upgrade.

I'm not a fan of the old look of the off white TD-124/Garrard but those plinths look good. sberger on ak and the asylum recently got a 124 in gunmetal hammertone that looks good though. Me, I want a Luxman PD-441 it looks great. Luxman's Rosewood vinyl, Stainless, Black Anodized, Thick softer plexiglass lid and standing up on those stainless feet. HiFiDo does a nice job of getting pictures:

https://www.hifido.co.jp/sold/17-13374-72376-00.html?LNG=E

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I've got SkyFi and one in Greenville, SC in my bookmarks. The Greenville shop is slowly closing down, I think the guy is ready to retire but he has some nice stiuff. Not crazy expensioe like SkyFi, but definitely interesting stuff. Still, it's fun to look.