Shipping cases

Nick Danger

Veteran and General Yakker
As my amp gets closer to being completed, I am considering buying a shipping case to keep her safe for the long and rough trip. I know the cabbage case is very well received on this forum. Good place to buy them? What would be the appropriate size for a PL 400?

Any other cases that you folks would recommend? I know SKB is a popular option as I use them for my guitar and bows.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
DUDE!!! Don't be ridiculous...I'll send cabbage case # 3 directly to Jer from Just Mike's house when he get's his 700 from Washington and Jer can ship your amp. Then I'll email you a label to get it back here...jeewz...

Nick Danger

DUDE!!! Don't be ridiculous...I'll send cabbage case # 3 directly to Jer from Just Mike's house when he get's his 700 from Washington and Jer can ship your amp. Then I'll email you a label to get it back here...jeewz...
Cheers, Lee. When I send it back to you, feel free to send it back to me with a WOPL'd mono block or two in it. ;-) Still might not be a bad idea to have one in the arsenal. Time to start poking around on CL and see what's up.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Cheers, Lee. When I send it back to you, feel free to send it back to me with a WOPL'd mono block or two in it. ;-) Still might not be a bad idea to have one in the arsenal. Time to start poking around on CL and see what's up.
Just be sure and get the right size....

Nick Danger

Would this be an option?

75519.jpg

Pelican 1650

Another US based manufacturer, too. I have a couple of their small boxes that are kept on the canoe for stuff I can't afford to lose or get moist.

Last edited:

NavLinear

The inside dimensions for the 1650:

28.5 x 17.37 x 10.5" (72.4 x 44.1 x 26.7cm) (LxWxD)
Lid depth: 1.87" (4.7cm)
Bottom depth: 8.62" (21.9cm)

That gives you plenty of space on the length - 19" for the faceplate dimension versus 28.5"
The height of the PL is 7" versus 10.5" for the case so that is a bit close

What is the depth of the largest PL 700 amp?

Do you plan to use this to ship other hardware?

Nick Danger

Pelican 1660

How about something this size, kids- pretty good depth on this one.The biggest I am looking reason is my old gear that needs or will need a little tlc from a pro......... and to drag the WOPL around to showcase, of course! Would like to ship a stack of cassette decks out for calibration/ repair next year then it will be time to address the open reel decks. Be nice to know my stuff is safe while travelling.

IMG_161522.jpg

Pelican 1660

NavLinear

That will certainly handle your PL amps plus some. What are the dimensions of the R2R? I'm guessing this would be your biggest piece of gear.

Nick Danger

Pelican 1690

That will certainly handle your PL amps plus some. What are the dimensions of the R2R? I'm guessing this would be your biggest piece of gear.
All but the Pioneer RT 102L(dang) would fit, looks 1690 would handle that. You lose a bit of depth but gain quite a bit of both length and width.....

v1.jpg

Pelican 1690

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Check out SKB Cases less money than Pelican and just as Sturdy,I shipped some very expensive and Fragile items Half way around the world and back and did not have a problem JMTC