Sewer sludge

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Sewer sludge' detects coronavirus outbreaks days faster than contact tracing, study finds
The recent Yale study finds wastewater testing gives up to an eight day head start in curbing potential Covid-19 spread.

Stay outta MY septic tank please!!!!

HUH?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
A lot of "Shit" going on in your area Joe :)

In the study, published last week in the journal Nature Biotechnology, researchers began taking daily samples from a New Haven-area wastewater treatment plant, which serves multiple towns in Connecticut including New Haven, East Haven, Hamden and parts of Woodbridge.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Damn, me too

In August, the University of Arizona claimed a campus outbreak was averted in part because of wastewater testing which indicated two asymptomatic students were in a campus dorm. Prior to students, faculty and staff returning to its campus, the university had enacted a campus-wide initiative in which campus sewage systems were actively monitored for traces of coronavirus

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
I'm living my life pretty much normally in spite of my underlying conditions (stent bypassing a 7 cm ruptured aneurysm in my abdominal aorta and the virus being linked to blood clots). I'm not hiding; I am taking some reasonable precautions. I visit with friends and family, eat outside and do takeout, go into work as my new job requires, etc. But I have a couple of friends who have had this thing in the past six months. Trust me, based on their experiences, you really, really don't want it.

mlucitt

Chances of catching Covid-19 from one exposure of a positive person:
1 in 3,836
Chances of being hospitalized:
1 in 852,000
Chances of dying (for at risk patients):
1 in 19.1 million.

I'll take those chances.
See the Stanford/UCLA Covid-19 Study, done recently by Drs. Rajiv Bhatia and Jeffrey Klausner.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Unfortunately, they can test what they damn please as long as you have disposed of it, so to speak. It started with mail and other items in your trash can, even when it's on your property.

No new news here for me.

Last edited: