Sansui G-7500

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I can't quite get the Sansui sound wrapped around inside my head. I am working on a new system though. It is almost done. I have a Phase Linear 700B amp, a PL 3300 series II Pre a Carver tuner. The pre has been moded. The amp is going out soon to have the mod done and all the caps upgraded. Right now that is my little Jewel.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
I have them hooked up to my Norman Lab 11s. I have a Grant Fielity CDP right now hooked to an Audio Alchemy DAC. The Dac really brought the speakers to life. Right now it is a pretty nice sounding system; but will get better when he amp gets reworked.
Larry

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
My G-5700 needs a little TLC with a blown right channel but it did get the thugs to surrender across the street after I launched into country music 8-tracks and sang karaoke with changed lyrics.

For some reason the cop with a machine gun wasn't too effective but Copenhagen by Chris LeDoux did the trick.

All the idiots over there were booted. After 2 of these incidents in a year I'd had enough.

Now I will fix her. I went to school with many of those cops, what happened?

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
That 7500 sure does look nice, I like the look the led's give it.

My old G-8000 looks like hell but sounds good. Larry, Sansui does have a different sound but it is refreshing now and then to listen to a different type of sound. I am running mine through a pair of Cerwin Vegas and/or a modded pair of Infinity's and it drives them fine. It can be very loud, it is hooked up as a basement system, It'll shake the house given the oportunity.

Jim

styx

Journeyman
Sansui does have a unique sound to them. I would have loved to have a G-8000 or G-9000 but them don't come up often here, so you take what you can get. I love my G-7500 and it's gonna be with me a long time to come.

speakerman1

Tagline
It is the soft sound I can't quite get in my head. It isn't a pronounced sound. I like it in my face. Very distinct. And Sansuis just don't sound that way to me.

Larry

orange

Tagline
That's not the G-series or x0x0 at all. Wasn't the A-80 either/

I've owned

SAX-200
2000A
350A
G-5700

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Very nice set-up Styx :cheers: , love that avvie of your system, how did you make that?

I don't have much 'sui experience, I know I always found the jacks on the sides design very curious.

styx

Journeyman
stuwee said:
Very nice set-up Styx :cheers: , love that avvie of your system, how did you make that?

I don't have much 'sui experience, I know I always found the jacks on the sides design very curious.

For the avatar I used a program called Photo Studio 5.5 that came with my Canon camera. You can do some cool stuff with it.

The G-8000 and up have the inputs/outputs on the side. That is the only thing I don't like about the high end of the G series.

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
styx said:
stuwee said:

For the avatar I used a program called Photo Studio 5.5 that came with my Canon camera. You can do some cool stuff with it.

The G-8000 and up have the inputs/outputs on the side. That is the only thing I don't like about the high end of the G series.
Being on the side is a pain in the drain, most particuluarly in a rack situation.

Jim

orange

Tagline
Mine would work better even if it's Ugly.

Either in my Thomasville 6' tower or the 1950s former TV cabinet on casters as the 17" Trinitron on top makes it harder to move on the 70s carpet.