SAE 1800 Eq Help

Lastplace

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
I picked up a mint SAE 1800 Parametric EQ. Before putting it into rotation I thought I would Deoxit/Fader Lube the controls. I can't figure out how to get this thing apart. I have most of the screws removed, I can tell I'm not doing something right. The case is lose but still wired together.

Has anyone else taken one of these apart?

Attachments

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
I picked up a mint SAE 1800 Parametric EQ. Before putting it into rotation I thought I would Deoxit/Fader Lube the controls. I can't figure out how to get this thing apart. I have most of the screws removed, I can tell I'm not doing something right. The case is lose but still wired together.

Has anyone else taken one of these apart?
I don't see any links for service manual downloads, I did find one who sells it (for download?) though:
http://www.musicparts.com/products.asp?Company=SAE

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
With SAE in general the top and bottom come off, then you have to fiddle around to get the wrap around rear black chassis separated from the faceplate. You probably unscrewed the power transformer. SAE tried to make their units repairable without removing the whole chassis.

Lastplace

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Finally got the case off, I had to unscrew the rca mounts. The loose part was a plate mounted on the case for weight. I should have tested it before messing with it. The line runs though it fine, kick in the EQ and channel b doesn't work. Not sure if it's worth fixing. Too bad the unit is mint.