RTR - Sticky Tape List

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Hi Guys,

Several months back someone here sent me a list of the known stick tape brands and models. I usually have copies of everything important, but for some reason that list is hiding. Would anyone have a list they could share?

I think a few reels that came with that old TEAC deck are on the possible sticky list. There are a couple reels of a Scotch backcoated tape, and a few other reels of various brands.

Thanks,
Robert

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Robert
I have bought some on the list. They were sealed and I never had a problem. I have thought about this. If you have a micro-fiber rag . Don't run it across the heads. Go a ways into the tape and wipe it and see if it sheds. I don't know if this will work. It is worth a try. I have owned Shamrock. I do not trust it.

Larry

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
speakerman1 said:
Nando
Have you ever had a cassette tape do it?

Larry
No, and there plenty of back-coated tapes I use.

Nando.

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
A majority of the tapes are Scotch 206/207 which are list showing some SSS issues. The other tapes are Allied 255 (whatever that is), some Scotch 111 (acetate?), and some unknowns.

Robert

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Allied Radio. Pioneering electronics retailer alongg with Lafayette, later Radio Shack (towards WWII). Later merged with Radio Shack (FTC disapproved?). The name still exists with some form of the company? (I saw a page on the internet in the last two years).

KNIGHT, KNIGHT-KIT

Would they have sold Bell decks?