RT-1011L

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
So i got Rob's, deck here. Pause switch is busted and wont kick into play mode. Gonna take it over to Bill to see if we can fix it, or bypass that switch so it will go back into play mode. Possibly have to use play/stop if thats the case, but better than not working at all.

Here's a couple older shots from when I first picked up the deck for him,

I have this switch bank from a donor 1011, Im hoping Bill may be able to surgically implant one of these into the pause function.

If not its back to the bypass idea, if possible.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Bill seems to think he can replace the pause with one of these switches. Hopefully for Rob, he can do exactly that.

On another note, the GAS amp is up in the air. Gonna let me know on that one.

And on another, other note, the other 1801 is currently on the bench.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
It seems like it will be an easy enough fix if the tech replaces the defective pause switch on the deck with the donor switch. It sure is nice to see Rob got it with box and accessories when it was purchased.

Nando.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Its all fixed. Wasnt the pause switch. Apparently the play switch was really dirty and simply needed a cleaning.

Gas amp, is all fixed too. Output transistor was gone. That will stay here for a bit for some torture testing before I send it back to its owner. And in another unrelated note, I had him look at one of my guitar amps that wasnt working right. Lots of bad solder joints. Its up and running now too.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
For sure Lee. I have a Pioneer SA 7100, that will be going over to him on Sunday. Phono stage doesnt work right. Need to get it fixed before I send him my pre amp. As it will be used as a pre, while the Bose 4401 is with him. I have a slight channel imbalance that I would like him to look at, as well, im going to have replace the ziff sockets with some brown dog adapters. I need to get a hold of Thierry, on AK to remind me what exactly he changed in the muting section to eliminate the hiss.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I've read a lot of his posts, seems the IC's and a bunch of resistors...

BubbaH

Tagline
---
See first post. Ill post more pics this weekend when I get it hooked up.