RokBlok

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
What happens to the grooves.....having something run accross your records....course a needle does it...

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
kwitchurbitchin....I'm sure it is just as good as a Linn LP12. Ye of little faith...new tech is ALWAYS better.

Nick Danger

Would be a nice tool to have if you do a lot of crate digging as one could play test questionable sections of an album before purchase.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Hey Doug!!!!

If I'm crate digging I rarely even look at the album because I refuse to pay >$1 for anything in a crate. If it's crap I just use it for BB gun targets.

Nick Danger

Hey Doug!!!!

If I'm crate digging I rarely even look at the album because I refuse to pay >$1 for anything in a crate. If it's crap I just use it for BB gun targets.
Gotcha, Dave. Not too many shops by me that sell used vinyl for under $2-3 anymore.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
The flea markets here are jumping on the market now also - I walk past any sign over $2/each and even then negotiate. 1/2 Price Books is still my fav at .50 or $1 and they usually have a few hundred on the shelves locally....half are Streisand, Christmas albums or Barry Manilow though.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Cheapest record at any record shop in CT is $8-10 and that's for scratched shit. Our local fleamarket has vendors selling records from $3-5 for poor condition up to $100+ for choice clean titles

Some of the record shops have $1-2 bins but the records are warped or look like a cat did a burnout on them, torn marked up covers etc.... sometimes wrong record in the sleeve LOL

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
That's hardly new idea anyway, back in the 70s they had one that looked like a Volkswagen bus, you can still find them on eBay for $50 and up

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Hey Doug!!!!

You're sposed to do what the kids do, heat them and make ashtrays to smoke yer weed.

I guess that Swan Song label is pretty cool when you got Mother Nature in Zig-Zag.

orange

Tagline
Cheapest record at any record shop in CT is $8-10 and that's for scratched shit. Our local fleamarket has vendors selling records from $3-5 for poor condition up to $100+ for choice clean titles

Some of the record shops have $1-2 bins but the records are warped or look like a cat did a burnout on them, torn marked up covers etc.... sometimes wrong record in the sleeve LOL
If you wait for somebody to die around here it will end up at Youth Ranch Thrift Stores, and not just Mantovani and 101 Strings anymore. It also tends to be in decent shape and a buck per LP in the album (2-LP $2 etc) and you've been listening to a few of the songs in your Phoenix Christmas albums for five holiday seasons now.

I still recommend looking through the listings at shugarecords.com (actual physical store in Chicago as well). Sometimes you will be surprised. The customer service is pretty good as well. The guy that started the company had some really bad times and started selling his record collection, this led to new and used sales, eBay and his own website. He will also make a deal with you now and then. He moved from Minneapolis to Chicago 2-3 years ago and it always sounds like they are really busy there when I call. I like those sorts of stories.

orange

Tagline
I saw that on American Pickers.....blew milk through my nose when they bought it.
Don't laugh, they really do track the record well. Somebody was really smart (or stoned) when they engineered that :occasion8:

orange

Tagline
That's an abnormal place for a mammary gland. I'd see a surgeon as quickly as possible!
They finally closed down the sex show theater that ran next to Ghirardelli Square for years in San Francisco so your talents have fewer employment opportunities.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
They finally closed down the sex show theater that ran next to Ghirardelli Square for years in San Francisco so your talents have fewer employment opportunities.
What sex show venue was near Ghirardelli Square? :roll:

orange

Tagline
The Mitchell Brothers O'Farrell theatre. It was actually in the Tenderloin, but we were all hicks from a tiny farm town on a high school club summer field trip at the time and that new disease was killing at least ten people a day by then.

I was only 16 then, saw it in a magazine or online years later.

I heard they shut it down, I may be wrong.

And I DO stand corrected, a person who would know told me...still engineering stress factors on poles.

Last edited:

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
That thing is a hoot! Are we supposed to kick money in with no explanation of how it works? The part of the site where they "explain" the prototype does not work right. Will it track a 12-inch 45 rpm record?