Rockford Fosgate 200.4

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I was given a Fosgate 200.4, 4 channel car amp. When tested last summer I could get little sound, heavily distorted. With my Pioneer 4 channel amp continually malfunctioning, and eventually replaced with a 2 channel amp, I decided this might be something interesting to tackle as I have nothing to lose.

Upon first inspection, I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary.

Once removed, with the board flipped over I could instantly see a couple potential issues.

Flipping the board back over I see the problem(or at least part of).

I will try to replace these. I dont have much experience with this stuff, or any test equipment. So it will be trial and error.

Any tips appreciated.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I've fixed a few over the years and it was a hit or miss deal. Just like you , replacing roasted components. I could never get my hands on a service man ual....

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Indeed. Seems as though Rockford doesnt spread them around much. Most information I come across seems to suggest sending it back to RF. Not really interested in that though. This will be more fun. I just need to figure out exactly what these resistors are.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Trying to figure out what type of resistor will work for replacement.

From the top, the color lines are brown black gray gold.

I spoke to a couple of my electrician buddies, but they seemed to be in disagreement as to coding.

Any thoughts?