Rock Show @ The Phoenix

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Last night Kristin and myself were down in Toronto to take in a rock n roll show. There was about 8 bands playing. One Bad Son was the headlining act, which was the reason she wanted to go. She bought ticks and paid the hotel room, I paid for fuel and bought dinner. We managed to squeeze in a bit of shopping before grabbing dinner and off to the show. Our hotel was about a 5 minute walk from the venue, although I remember nothing about the walk home.

One band really sucked, cant remember their name, secret something, which I dubbed Secret Shit.

Picked up some new tunes from the merch booth.

We missed The Rathburns, as they played before we arrived. I was outside smoking a joint and passed it off to these 2 cats sitting there, turned out they were members of The Rathburns. After chatting with them a while, I decided to buy their music. They were cool guys.

There was another band there called Last Bullet which were also pretty sweet, but I did not buy any of their disc's. By the time they hit the stage I was a little too boiled to remember to check out their merch.

OBS finished off the night with a killer set. We ran into Shane, the singer on the floor before they were on stage and chatted briefly with him. Always a good guy to speak with. Friendly and appreciates their fans.

All in all it was a great night. Other than Secret Shit, all the bands were good. Gonna check out these CD's tonight with a couple Blue.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Like you Ben, most of the good shows we can see are 360 miles away. So Jani and I always try to make it a 3 or if possible 4 day affair. The fact that it's usually in Denver is another plus. Sunds like you Kris had a good time Ben......coolness.
We leave Thursday morning for Denver to see Fleetwood Mac Friday the 12th. Tim and Biggsie are going with. We'll take a day and go see Doug and in general plan on having agood time...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Like you Ben, most of the good shows we can see are 360 miles away. So Jani and I always try to make it a 3 or if possible 4 day affair. The fact that it's usually in Denver is another plus. Sunds like you Kris had a good time Ben......coolness.
We leave Thursday morning for Denver to see Fleetwood Mac Friday the 12th. Tim and Biggsie are going with. We'll take a day and go see Doug and in general plan on having agood time...
Have fun at the FM show Lee. It was great when they were in the Boston Area.

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
If you're going to be seeing Doug, I'm almost positive it will be an awesome time. Smoke filled awesome time. Fleetwood would be cool to see. Hope you enjoy it.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Spent a day and half the night with him and his sweetie and the whole neighborhood when we saw Shpongle in May. I don't expect it'll be any different this time.