Robust Series 1 Rack Handles

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
These are stainless from one of the big box hardware stores. Plenty of meat there to drill and tap to 1/4" thread which is required for this application as those small drawer pull screws are weak and the chassis and faceplate holes are 1/4". Anything smaller and your face plate is going to shift and get scratched up. I went with fine, though the series 2 handles are coarse. The stainless drilled and tapped easily, and yes, use plenty of cutting oil. Once tapped, the 3 pieces that make the handle were somewhat loose, being held together inside with short pieces of hardened threaded rod. I cleaned them with alcohol and reassembled them tight with loctite.
The "ferrules" are sold as "cone washers" on that auction site, I got the M6 in "hi yo silver". A 1/4" bolt or screw will not pass thru them until you remove a little material with a rat tail or chainsaw file. Here is a link to the seller I have no affiliation with. PXL_20201108_012034801.jpg https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vonbohn-Metric-M2-thru-M9-Anodized-Aluminum-Socket-Head-Washers-11-KOOL-KOLORS/332739999355?hash=item4d78d9767b:g:4ooAAOSwSa9eiZXq