Realistic Minimus 7 and 77

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Have been looking for a couple more Minimus 7's for some time and today I found both the 7's and its brother the 77. These look to be the first generation 7's as they have the screw terminals rather than the spring clips. The drivers look to be in great shape and the enclosures in good condition.

REally only wanted the speakers but the Realistic STA-100 reciever and some monster speaker cable and adapters came along for only a couple dollars more. Amazingly the receiver sounds Ok.

Robert

[attachment=0:3s7j3w75]IMG_0678_rs.jpg[/attachment:3s7j3w75]
[attachment=1:3s7j3w75]IMG_0679_rs.jpg[/attachment:3s7j3w75]

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
That's terrible when someone throws stuff at ya like that isn't it Robert!! Good find.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
God, I hate it when that happens. Makes my whole day and I'm all screwed up.

Glad it happened to YOU

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
A wonderful find, Robert. I have a few Minimus 7s, too. The early ones had Pioneer drivers. I, only, know that from replacing one of the woofers with a Realistic NOS replacement.

Nando.

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Thanks guys.....

The 77's have a little more bottom end (as expected) but I think the 7's are the real find. The woofer in the 77's look to be different from those in the 7's. Anyway, either will work fine in the shop so I can move my mint 7's back upstairs where they should be safe from all the nasty stuff.

Robert

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Found a new home for the Realistic receiver. My brother mentioned needing something for his shop so decided to pack the receiver and some JVC speakers I found over the weekend and sent them off. I think he'll be a bit surprised later this week which is always cool. :) I like surprising people with stuff like this.

After cleaning up the controls and such that little receiver did pretty well for one of the low end systems. Certainly not in the same ballgame as the big guys but it could handle its little corner of the world.

Robert

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
rtp_burnsville said:
Found a new home for the Realistic receiver. My brother mentioned needing something for his shop so decided to pack the receiver and some JVC speakers I found over the weekend and sent them off. I think he'll be a bit surprised later this week which is always cool. :) I like surprising people with stuff like this.

After cleaning up the controls and such that little receiver did pretty well for one of the low end systems. Certainly not in the same ballgame as the big guys but it could handle its little corner of the world.

Robert

Me too. You never know when or what I'm shipping. LOL

Larry