Question Sir Joe

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
This is the Graphics Interface Board from the Human Interface Modules out of an Electrospeed III Baker/Hughes submersible drive. The sun burns out the LCD screens. How hard is it to get these screens?? I can buy the HIM's for 3300.00

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Coolness, I was hoping it would be that easy...obviously this is an E model with different reflective options, and I'll have to demount the power harness....but this appears doable. Whew!! We really didn't want to cough up 3300.00 for the complete HIM. I disassembled the touchpad on one the other day and got it working and back together, and it's now on the Collins Fed #1 doing it's thing. I have 3 of these to do Joe. Where would be the best place to get these??

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yeah, my concern is the WG instead of the TK, but that might not be a deal killer.

What is this component added at the top?? Temperature monitor??

Attachments

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Yeah, my concern is the WG instead of the TK, but that might not be a deal killer.

What is this component added at the top?? Temperature monitor??
Not exactly sure Lee. Perhaps an opto sensor to adjust backlights depending on ambient light conditions

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I know Joe, but an informed guess I would hazard, it does appear to have a clear section in it. Looks like a diode, but then , not.....these things are out in the weather under a clear plastic window. In the dark, daylight, you name it, bitter cold and steamy hot. It's a wonder they last at all. Some of the complete controllers have a heating tape that runs around the inside diameter of the display....

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Left- handed hint: Cover the thing over with a piece of aluminum foil to protect it from the sun.

No guarantee...