Power Regenerator ?

Mohawk

Chief Journeyman
I have Been pondering this for a while ...
Does anyone use one ? and if so what are your opinions ?
They ain't cheap !

1666091157556.png 1666091234723.png 1666091195226.png

Arguments on both sides of the fence as always !

PS audio seems to be the standout

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
You need to first determine if you actually need one.

It may be cheaper (and equally effective) to have a dedicated circuit installed for your rig with an isolated ground.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I have Been pondering this for a while ...
Does anyone use one ? and if so what are your opinions ?
They ain't cheap !

View attachment 69946 View attachment 69948 View attachment 69947

Arguments on both sides of the fence as always !

PS audio seems to be the standout
You would have to weigh any benefits derived vs the reliability decrease you would certainly encounter.

I am skeptical you could measure any resulting improvement but would challenge to prove me wrong. You may be able to measure the improvement from the Line In vs Line Out but does that matter once it goes through the next conversion chain.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
A friend in TN got a PS Audio for a nice price, used I'm sure. He is a very critical listener, lower volumes to the point of me needing more volume just to hear it. His rig is better stuff including some highly modded bottlehead pieces and he says it makes a very noticeable difference for the better. I haven't heard it yet but I trust what he says.

The ac line is full of junk and some of it gets into the audio/motor controls and on some rigs with some hearing folks can appreciate the use of good clean power from a regen unit. I don't need measurements, listening tests are good enough. We don't know how to measure everything.