Please adopt me!

Steve K

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Hello everyone what a great forum this seems to be. I am a soon to be 59 (next week) year old who has always loved to take things apart. Can't always get them back together but I am usually successful. I found this sight when I was searching for some info on PL products. I still own a PL400 and 4000 that I bought when I was a teenager. The 400 still but the pre has been a pain. I recently finished going through it and reflowing every solder joint I could find and installing new caps on the motherboard. Also Deoxed all the switches and pots. It seems to be happy for the time being. I know they're not highly rated but I'm a sucker for all those knobs and switches. I just recently picked up a 700b from CL. It's missing it's knobs and handles and was pretty dirty but otherwise might be a good candidate for some future upgrades. Any way with help from everybody here I hope to gain some knowledge and make some new friends. Thanks

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hello everyone what a great forum this seems to be. I am a soon to be 59 (next week) year old who has always loved to take things apart. Can't always get them back together but I am usually successful. I found this sight when I was searching for some info on PL products. I still own a PL400 and 4000 that I bought when I was a teenager. The 400 still but the pre has been a pain. I recently finished going through it and reflowing every solder joint I could find and installing new caps on the motherboard. Also Deoxed all the switches and pots. It seems to be happy for the time being. I know they're not highly rated but I'm a sucker for all those knobs and switches. I just recently picked up a 700b from CL. It's missing it's knobs and handles and was pretty dirty but otherwise might be a good candidate for some future upgrades. Any way with help from everybody here I hope to gain some knowledge and make some new friends. Thanks
Ok consider yourself Family,,send me a check for 10.000 dollars so I can get the paperwork started :wink:

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
To Navo, PL means Plumper Ladies as well.

Steve K

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Some quick questions: 1. What do you use to polish the meter lenses? 2. What can be used to polish the faceplate? 3. Is there a decent substitute for the handles? I found a link for replacement knobs but not the other things.