PL700II purchase

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Thanks for the kind words laatsch55. Once I get this, my second system is almost complete. Just need to pick some speakers for the PL to torture.:violent3:

THD+N

Journeyman

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
What do you have planned for the 700ll? Keep it stock or go all out and mod it?

The amp arrived today and it sounds great. This one I may leave alone for a while. Hard to read, but looked like tp909 on the output transistors if that makes any sense.?? My other amp is giving me a problem now, so back to the bench it goes. Seems I pull the wrong RCA wire when working behing the pre amp and with a loud squeal and a thump I did something to the left channel. Now scratchy sounding at even the lowest volume. Fuses look ok. I' m guessing a transistor. Tomorrow's job. I may give that one a going over. I also want to take aother look at the output #'s in the new one, maybe they are a weak link to do as well.

Thank for the kind words WOPL Sniffer. Congrats on your 700B score too.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The amp arrived today and it sounds great. This one I may leave alone for a while. Hard to read, but looked like tp909 on the output transistors if that makes any sense.?? My other amp is giving me a problem now, so back to the bench it goes. Seems I pull the wrong RCA wire when working behing the pre amp and with a loud squeal and a thump I did something to the left channel. Now scratchy sounding at even the lowest volume. Fuses look ok. I' m guessing a transistor. Tomorrow's job. I may give that one a going over. I also want to take aother look at the output #'s in the new one, maybe they are a weak link to do as well.

Thank for the kind words WOPL Sniffer. Congrats on your 700B score too.

TP 9054 is a rebadged MJ15024....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
FPL 909's the Fairchild variant of the XPL-909 which was just a rebadged Delco DTS-411......