square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
I do not know if this is the right place for so please move if it is not

can a pl400 be moded to use a power button
thanks

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
I use a Niles AC-3 triggered by my preamp 12v trigger output. Pricy but high quality:

https://www.amazon.com/Niles-AC3-FG00242-Voltage-Triggered/dp/B00086IDDC

I've seen it as low as about $120.00.

Issue with a front panel switch is the more 120v lines you have inside the amp the noisier the amp is likely to be. When building a WOPL we are very careful on where we route AC lines.

Last edited:

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
thanks I have a 15 amp power strip on order I hope that is enough I plan on getting a line condistioner late this year

Last edited:

Billboard

Journeyman
Tagline
---

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
thanks that is interesting I did not know they made I wish I would have known about that yesterday when I had my friend order me a power strip he got one along with some other things I wanted to buy and I think it was 15 or 20 amps I 20 is most likely overkill but I wanted to if a 15 amp one was big/good enough

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I use one of these for my 700B, yes the 700B has a built in power switch, but it is old and fragile. I do get a small pop on the speakers when I turn the receiver/amp off, nothing huge that I can't live with.

https://www.amazon.com/SCG-3MVR-Protector-Autoswitching-Technology-7-Outlet/dp/B000P1QJXQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1489801161&sr=1-4&keywords=smart+outlet+strip

When turning off the amp, are you turning it off BEFORE the rest of the equipment? Last on, first off and you should not hear a pop. With a WOPL for sure

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
I think the amp is left and when what ever is pluged in the control outlet is turned of it auto turns off this is going of the picture in the link I am shore he will explain

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Amp is LAST on, first off. You'll have NO POPS. If it all comes up at once on a strip, I don't recommend this method. I'm not sure what you are talking about.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I use one of these for my 700B, yes the 700B has a built in power switch, but it is old and fragile. I do get a small pop on the speakers when I turn the receiver/amp off, nothing huge that I can't live with.

https://www.amazon.com/SCG-3MVR-Protector-Autoswitching-Technology-7-Outlet/dp/B000P1QJXQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1489801161&sr=1-4&keywords=smart+outlet+strip

If you didn't get a new switch for the 700B, I'd suggest you contact me and get a new switch.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
Amp is LAST on, first off. You'll have NO POPS. If it all comes up at once on a strip, I don't recommend this method. I'm not sure what you are talking about.
agree I was commenting on what billboard said what I was that I have ordered a strip it is 15 or 20 amps billboard had posted a link to a strip that had malti colored outlets on it and were also labled there one that said control three that said all ways on and three that were switched by the control outlet I have read and herd amp last on and first off is the best thing to do I did not mean to confuse any one

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
No problem. I know the 400's don't have a power switch. They should. You have to look long and hard to find an electronic device which DOESN'T have a power switch. Kinda cheesy if you ask me.

That ought to stir up a hornets nest.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
line conditioner is all ready in the works was going to get one around the end of the year can bump it to ordering one the next day

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
I'm a firm believer in a conditioner, definitely consider it.
so am I been wanting to buy one for some time now just have not yet man this place knows how to spend all my money between the thing I ordered yesterday for my speakers on going project but playable the power strip and tomarow the line conditioner I will have spent 145 not complaining just saying there gose my 5th of fireball