PL400 Feet.

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Got tired of my amps basically sitting on the face plate so decided to get some feet to get them up and facilitate air moving through them. Got a dozen Budwig TF8T feet to do two WOPL400s and a PL2000. For each amp, mount three on the bottom plate and the fourth goes under the transformer bell replacing the origonal. The original foot makes a great needed spacer to get the amp sitting level.
I used #8-32 x 3/4 screws with washers and nylock nuts and holes drilled 1" from the three corners for the feet on the bottom plate. Used same screw but 1-1/4 length on the transformer bell due to need for added spacer. The excess length MUST be cut off to prevent contact with the windings.
Getting the old transformer foot to proper thickness is easy, small piece of 80 grit sand paper, turn the old foot as you sand it down to keep it even thickness. Kind of fiddly getting it level as all the weights on the transformer foot, but worth it. Amps look better and now they can breathe. PXL_20210209_233521220.jpg PXL_20210210_133735313.jpg

mlucitt

Nice job. I was considering Sorbothane for vibration isolation on these WOPL amplifiers but I could not find a dense enough formula in a reasonably small size. Can you post your source for the Budwig TF8T feet?

George S.

Ordered mine off EBay, several listings, I also see a listing on Amazon. Surprisingly I never could find the TF8T on Mouser or Digikey. That model seemed like a good compromise between too big and too small. It's USA made, old school design, not fancy. Easily sourced. I need to get 4 more for my PL5100 S2 tuner, the TF8Ts are a little taller than what the Pioneer sourced tuner came with.
Also check out the Budwig website, everything is Made In USA!

Last edited:

George S.

Yes, old post, but had the PL5100 S2 tuner open this morning to fix a issue with the AM (cold joint at wire and board). Swapped in Budwigs for the original "Pioneer" feet. Originals were short, hard plastic. Big improvement. Original mounting screws fit perfect, easy swap.

Attachments