PL Dixon/Honeywell Meters

Phaser

New Around These Parts
Hi there, Very New here, I have 2 4 Fin PL400’s, About a Month ago I finished installing (my 1st) New WO Control and Light Board in one amp, Brought up with no problem on DBT, Set Bias, Connected it to 2 series2 Bose 901’s and Holy!!!!, it blew me and my Bose 1801 on 4 901’s into the next room!!, Anyway , a couple of day’s ago the Right VU Meter stopped working, Audio was Ok so I Swapped Meters and the Problem followed the Meter, Left side didn’t work. I decided to Swap out both Meters from my 2 amp, which I did, these Meters act totally different than the ones I took out?, They Seem a lot “Stiffer” or not as “Bouncy” as the other Meters ?, Unless someone has a better explanation than I, it’s gotta be the Brand Dixon or Honeywell?

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I have never seen a meter go bad. If it has a piece if crud in it, it can be cleaned out. DO NOT BLOW OUT THESE METERS.

Phaser

New Around These Parts
I have never seen a meter go bad. If it has a piece if crud in it, it can be cleaned out. DO NOT BLOW OUT THESE METERS.
Your absolutely right, no compressed Air here, I Found the problem, Not sure I want to revel my findings?, When I installed the new light board, I also Re-lined the “inside” of the VU Meters with New White Tape to Reflect the LED’s a little more (and it did!)what happened was A small piece of the Tape Fiber ( Visible with a Jewlers Loupe) had come loose the got in the way of the needle?, works Perfect now!!, thanks for your reply Sniffer