PL-700 Transformer Cover

swarmin

New Around These Parts
I'm about to bring a beat up PL-700 back from the dead with a WOPL full comp rebuild. It's ugly as home made sin dipped in misery, but the price was right, so I can't cry too much.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement back cover for the transformer?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
That might be tough. That's the last part that gets trashed because you can buy all the rest. If you have a transformer, you can build a WOPL. Are you missing the complete cover or is yours just trashed?

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
It is made of aluminum, Lee can cast one in his foundry/machine shop. Lost wax would be good but it takes a lot of work, I would go with a sand cast and end up on the belt sander.

swarmin

New Around These Parts
That might be tough. That's the last part that gets trashed because you can buy all the rest. If you have a transformer, you can build a WOPL. Are you missing the complete cover or is yours just trashed?
It's missing the complete cover. I think I'm just going to take it to the machine shop when I go to see about getting my engine bored. Should be a easy cnc job.

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
Looking at one now, inside/outside radii, compound angle taper...

edit, there may be a few foundries in the US who can cast a small run of these provided a pattern. I’ll look further but can’t the original transformer (Richmond?) supply them for a horrendous minimum purchase?

Last edited: