PL 700 Series 2 Display switch

Greg

Journeyman
Hello All
Well I got another winter project well maybe a few lol

Been Trying to source a DISPLAY push on off switch for my PL 700 Series 2 The one it has its glitchy at best
Any Ideas ??

image0.jpeg image1.jpeg

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Did you try disassembling it and cleaning it well? The craigslist overhaul may not cut it.

Greg

Journeyman
Yep ! thats on the list to do but if im going to take it apart ill just as easily replace it and was wondering is there a equivalent replacement

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I got nice latching push button switches from Mouser. Choice of silver or gold contacts.

I used these on my phono preamp but I don’t know if they’re compatible. The plunger is “square” for the button to go onto ( and plastic) if that works.

George S.

That's a Alps switch. PL used them extensively in all their equipment. You'll find many similar on eBay.
However it's really easy to take them apart and clean them, in a clear plastic bag to catch the spring launched parts.
Doubt you really need to do so. Some Deoxit contact cleaner and exercising will probably fix it.

Attachments

George S.

Take the face plate off. Sit the amp on it's fins facing straight up. Push the switch plunger in. Spray around the plunger. Work the switch. Respray. Work the switch.
A better way is to spray into a small container like a plastic bottle cap. Suck it up into a hypodermic needle, then inject it past the plunger. Saves material is less messy. Have fun with that awesome PL gear! A 700 S2 rules!