PL 400...the beginning

Cajunmech

New Around These Parts
I am building a Phase Linear system for my wife. Now when I say building, that means I can connect the wires to the back plate and plug it in the wall. LOL. The PL400 I have should be looked at and serviced by a professional (after reading several stories about these amps). I have a set of series V Bose 901's a Techniques turntable and a Phase Linear 2000 pre amp. I don't want to damage my speakers with the DC issues I read about so what should my next move be and what are my options to protect speakers and upgrade the amp. I am GREEN in this and everyones assistance is very much needed. Please help.

Thank You

Ed

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
The smart guys will be around... this is THE place to be for PL stuff.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Welcome, lots of great minds and plenty of help here, besides it's fun here...

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Doing a full blown upgrade with Joes goodies from White Oak Audio Design, will get you to the point that you'll steal the wifes amp and give her the dregs like mcintosh and such...
In my opinion Perry is the best WOPL mod guy on the site. You will get back an amp as close to MIL spec as a consumer product ever gets.

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Six PL400's puts you in the middle of the road on this forum. After you get ten or more, people will become mildly interested (and wonder if you are considering selling one or two).

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Projects for retirement in a couple years. Accumulated over 6 or 7 years. Photos for insurance.