PL 400 Series II Dimensions

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Are the chassis' for the 400 and the 700 (the face plate mounting holes) the same? Will a 700 II face fit on a 400 II chassis???

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I wanted to see if a 700 II face will fit on a 400 II Chassis... If not, will a redrill of the 400 chassis make it work? Thanks Lee

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Looks like the chassis height, Face plate, and width of chassis is all the same. The new WO Cylon boards are the same...... So I could use a 700 II face plate on a 400 II and be able to install a stock power switch, and an attenuator switch. Hmmmmmmm

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I'm stuck now. I can either suck it up and buy this 400 Series II, WOPL it and put the 700 II Face Plate on it with a power switch and attenuator switch, OR.... I have a couple 700B/II chassis' with plenty of parts to do a Series II. I just don't have the Glass for the face plate but I do have acrylic panels for that.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Looks like the chassis height, Face plate, and width of chassis is all the same. The new WO Cylon boards are the same...... So I could use a 700 II face plate on a 400 II and be able to install a stock power switch, and an attenuator switch. Hmmmmmmm
Yes
I made a bunch

Attachments

J!m

Tagline
BOT
They come out nice... run a mill file down the edge and they’re perfect. For a LOT less than milling material (and less waste) but I’m surrounded by machine shops making jet engine parts if you want a quote for that.