PL 400 II display problem

AntMast

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
[SIZE=+1]PL 400 II has a problem with both displays. [/SIZE][SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]When I first powered up the amp the rite channel led's were not moving at all with a signal. Replacing the rc4558 got them moving again.[/SIZE] Now powering up(with no signal to inputs) the led's go to the left side as they should, then a second later both displays jump roughly[/SIZE][SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1] to the[/SIZE] -30db mark & stay there. Playing music they respond normally--except they never drop below the -30db mark. Last year [/SIZE][SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]both[/SIZE] boards were recapped. Do both displays have a bad UAA170's??[/SIZE]

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Not bad....they look genuine, and they are not coming from Hong Kong.....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I have been using some Chinese knockoffs of the 1237U that are needed in Don's DC protect boards, so far , so good.....

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I have been using some Chinese knockoffs of the 1237U that are needed in Don's DC protect boards, so far , so good.....
Have agree with you Lee. 90% of all electronics are coming from China. They reverse engineer it and they work or don't , not much in between. This chip is not rocket silence any way.

AntMast

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
I bought & installed a couple of his protection boards. Actually emailed him earlier today, asking if he might have some UAA170 & LF351 for sale...no response yet.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
He travels the country building uninterruptible power supplies so it may be a few days...