PL-400/1 “Linda” repair

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
So Linda had problems again... I was playing her at moderate levels when she started acting up, I had 3a rail fuses which didn’t blow completely giving distortion. I replaced them with 5a fuses and she seemed good to go. She was idling along at low listening level when she popped the positive rail fuse hard. Left her till today, passed dbt and no shorts with my mm. Had to go work on other stuff this afternoon but I’ll look deeper this evening. She’s likely getting WOPL’d though.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Lookie what arrived today! (Just in time for me to leave for work)... which is good as I’ve been so busy with other projects I can really focus on this when I get home next.

It’s a full WOPL kit for Linda and a WOPL driver board for Tim! I’m

Attachments

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Yeah, gotta leave in an hour for the airport. Not thrilled but what ya gonna do? Being the hermit I am, two months of “self isolation” will be out the window!

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Yeah, I haven’t stopped working full time so my projects around the house keep piling up- literally- as I have seven yards of mulch darkening my driveway and no time to spread it.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Man... For all the crowded airports I've had to fight my way through... I'd love to be able to fly like that.

Maybe they'll let you drive!

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Equivalent rank Engineers/Nav officers make the same rate. 1st mate makes same as 2nd Eng, 2nd mate makes same as 3rd eng, Captains and Chief engineers make similar, captains sometimes have extra pilotage certificates which pays extra as the company doesn’t have to hire river pilots.

I think in the U.S. the rank system is a little different... our Chief engineer would be the “1st”, next in line is our 2nd who I believe is called the “1st assistant Engineer” and so on under the U.S. rank system. Same thing, different name.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I suspect your ability as a captain to not hit bridge abutments also has some bearing on the pay grade. :)

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Here’s the heart of the new deployment. Very similar to my last ship but the equipment is laid out a little differently. Same stuff just in a different spot. Will take a little before I stop heading to where things “should be”. Seems like an ok gig so far by the fellows I’ve talked to.

Attachments

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Just ordered a chineesium variac from crapazon. 100 maple syrups. Says 20 amp lol. Should be ok for bringing amps up but I highly doubt that rating!

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
No, that would be insane! Feet. From the crankshaft to the top of the cylinder heads.