Pioneer RT-1020H

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Hi Guys,

Another RTR followed me home this weekend. This one is pretty cherry but will need belts and controls cleaned. I recorded a tape last night at it does a very nice job. Almost didn't go after this one, but glad I did. :)

Here is a photo but forgot to include the hubs, and a couple reels that came with.

Robert

[attachment=0:1a4pqp6v]Pioneer_RT1020H_rs.jpg[/attachment:1a4pqp6v]

Attachments

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Very nice, Robert. Is the RT-1020H able to play back quadraphonic tapes? This surely has been a good week for you in finding some gems.

Nando.

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Hi,

Nando, the deck appears to play quad tapes as there are front and rear output connections. Also a switch on the front panel labeled 2/4.

I think it's only a 2 track record with either a 2 or 4 track playback. The speeds are 7.x and 15.x so it loves tape!

Think I'll order some belts and give it a lub job before using it much. Have been helping my Dad the past few weeks so that has cut into what little play time there is with the toys... Now the grass is starting to grow so that also means two lawns to keep up for the next couple months.

Robert

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Here's a treat for you, Robert. These are scans provided by another Pioneer RT-1020 Series owner and enthusiast, besides myself. I have a Pioneer RT-1020L, which is featured much like the RT-1020H, with the exception of different recording/playback speeds.

I recently had my RT-1020L serviced and calibrated. You have a nice deck to be proud of.

Nando.

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Hi Guys,

Thanks for those photos Nando, I am going to download a copy later as the work connection blocks such things. :( Good stuff!

FF - I don't remember is your Pioneer an L or H model? How are those power coated reels working for you?

Robert